Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog the seventh. Back.

I took a two-week break from the internet. This is why I have not blogged. This is also a lie. I have simply been too lazy to take the time to type for ten minutes thinking about what I have been doing. I visited BIOLA University last week and it is now confirmed in my heart and mind that this is the university I wish to transfer to. Their film department is brand spanking new and fitted with all top-of-the-line equipment. Even their light board in the studio control room was flabbergasting. The only problem here is money. BIOLA costs about $36,000 per year not including any expenses. Or books. My current grant now covers about $8,000 per year. Yay for student loans. I did find out, however, that I can get a hefty scholarship for financial need, an almost-as-large one for my euphonium playing and singing abilities, one for being the offspring of a religios minister, one for all the community service work I've done through the Salvation Army, and possibly even one for directing a good short film. My counselor estimates the total of these scholarships to be around $30,000 per year. Praise the Lord.

Sorry if you don't care about my financial standing over the next three years...

No comments:

Post a Comment